First Evangelical Church
55 W. Main St.
Palmyra, Pa 17078
Something For Everyone
There area wide variety of activities for people of all interests! They include: co-ed softball, co-ed volleyball, youth group, choir, praise band, drama team, and other new activities are being added all the time.
Rather than have a totally contemporary or totally traditional style of worship, we have incorporated elements of both forms so that people of all generations can worship together and learn from one another. In addition to praise choruses, a live praisee
band, and small group Bible studies, we also offer traditional Wednesday evening prayer meeting, a youth group and Sunday evening worship.
At First E.C. we believe in the Great Commission. As a result, we support seven full time missionaries and regularly promote mission activities. We also send our own adults and young people on the mission field to minister.
At First E.C. we believe that relationships were an important part of Jesus’ ministry. Therefore, our small groups are intended as an opportunity for people to make friends and build relationships with one another. Our groups are many and happen throughout
the year. They vary from couples groups, to young adult groups; from men’s groups to women’s groups; and from music groups to motorcycle groups.
DivorceCare/DivorceCare for Kids
First E.C. was one of the first churches in the area to recognize the need for ministry to adults and children hurting from divorce or separation. This is a Bible based program using videos produced by world renown experts and taught by qualified instructors.
Our Youth Group ministers to children in our community from Kindergarten through 12th grade. Children are split up into age appropriate groups where we provide a fun environment for kids to learn more about their relationship with Jesus and how their
lives fit into God’s big plan.
The EC Church Denomination
- The Evangelical Congregational Church is people – people just like you – committed to sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ so that men, women and children may experience saving faith in Christ. The people of the EC Church also seek to help new believers discover their place in a church family where they can find support on their faith journey, a journey that leads to a personal growth in Christlikeness.
This We Believe
- Believing the Bible to be our final authority for faith and Christian living, we affirm the following:
- That the universe is the purposeful creation of a personal, loving, almighty God.
- That all human beings are made in the image of the Creator and are of infinite worth
- That our world is under sway of sin as a result of historical and personal human rebellion against, God, so that suffering, death and separation from God are the experience of humankind; and that without the intervention of God’s grace, this condemnation
will be the eternal state of all persons.
- That Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God, through his virgin birth, sinless life sacrificial death on the Cross, and glorious resurrection and ascension, graciously offers new life to all who receive him by faith.
- That the Holy Spririt, indwelling believers, gives them a desire and an ability to follow biblical standards of conduct in their personal lives and in society.
- That the Christian faith is lived in the community of the church, where worship and witness are embodied through the spiritual gifts of its members.
- That Jesus Christ will return to this world, bring an end to history as we know it, inaugurate the final judgement and welcome believers into his eternal kingdom.
Where We Work
- New Jersey
Camps for all ages
- Twin Pines Camp, Pocono Mountains, PA
- Camp ECCO, Carrollton, Ohio
- Rock River Camp, Rock River, Illinois
- Walheim, Allentown, PA
- Rosedale, Reading, PA
- Herndon, Herndon, PA
- Over 50 mission workers
- Serving in 12 countries
- Partnering with 20 sending agencies
International Churches in
- Costa Rica
Institutions and Cooperative Ventures
- Continuing Care Retirement Communities
- Evangelical Theological Seminal
- Historical Society